What is a “Success Page”?
Checkout Success page is a page you see when you click "Order Now" in checkout and system successfully applies your order for further processing. In this case you see a message that a checkout was implemented successfully.
In this article I will explain you how to come out of this situation.
How and where do I edit Magento success page?
1. In the checkout.xml you can change the layout of the page and add CMS custom blocks.
2. File templates located here:
If files are not there then add them from base package.
3. Now you are ready to start designing your success page. But here is a problem: when you click "Refresh" button on the success page get you automatically redirected to an empty cart. Under these conditions designing can be really difficult.
Solution: Temporarily comment cleaning session. Find the file app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/ controllers/OnepageController.php and comment the next line in public function successAction.
4. Do your HTML and CSS magic. Check for compatibility with different browsers.
5. Important: uncomment the code, otherwise the website will not work correctly.