Stages of SEO process:
- Keyword Research
- Setting goals
- Creating content
- Page Optimization
- Social promotions and link building
Keyword research involves finding a group of key phrases. This step requires a lot of time and significant work. You should combine two criterias in the keyword research: the word (phrase) should be popular and with low competition in search engines. To find such words it’s not a hard work to do: there are lots of online tools that will help you with that. If you will add a word, such tool like Google Adwords will return you a list with most common phrases containing this word. You need to do a research and to find popular words with low competition.
After that you need to do competitive research: to find out how other bloggers do. Find 7-10 competitor blogs and analyze their articles: how many words in their articles, how many keywords, Alexa rankings, links, social media followers.
When you find keywords, you need to set the goals for your article. So, you see that your competitors have for example 30 keywords in text and 10 inbound links, you should have not less. But remember, that the more keywords you have, the more content you should write. In another case, Google will mark it like spam.
So, make a plan of:
- keywords appearance;
- amount of words in your article;
- amount of inbound and outbound links.
Content writing is a really important part of your SEO process. Google appreciate to index high-quality content that is related with your keywords.
Also this type of content is really important from customer’s point of view: you will have more likes, linkshares and reviews if customers will find the needed information according to your keywords. The more shares you will have, the higher you will be in the Google search results.
After adding a content, you should check your on-page optimization.
- Page Titles. Page title is a text that is appeared on the tab when you open a website. Page title should contain not only a keyphrase, but some other text. For example, you have keyphrase “high-quality content”, then your title should looks like this “Read high-quality content on YourWebsiteName!”
- Sitemap. Sitemap is just organized list of links on your website, it’s an instruction for bots - how should they find and index your content.
- Meta tags. They are not seen by users on your website, but they are really important part of your SEO process. They are needed for crawlers. By meta tags description and title, bots checking the relevance of the content. Also you need to put “alt” attribute to all images, by this attribute, Google will display them in the search results according to words in this tag.
- Your code should be valid. If to say it simple, your code should be clean and it should contain no mistakes.
Social networks and in-bound links
You know that you should have marketing strategy for your blog. Make a research in what social networks your content will be interesting. There you can post your articles, create groups, left your suggestions (with link to your blog article), etc.
Also remember, that each link from quality website to your - is a great plus for your website.
Statistics and Analysis
And the last in SEO process, you should always have statistics to analyze your actions.